During the day - a New York-style deli with a Spanish hint and a food shop delicatessen attached.
In the evening a switch to Tapas dishes.
All under the ownership of Michael Deane - who is chef/proprietor of several of the city's best restaurants including 'Deanes' in Howard Street.
Many of the dishes have local influences, but a fusion-style is a more accurate description.
At lunchtime, expect the likes of 'Breaded Squid with Noodle Salad & Lime & Coconut Crème Fraiche'; 'Smoked Mackerel Fishcakes with Mesclun & Hollandaise Sauce'; 'Deane's Burger' and 'Toad in the Hole with Garlic Mash and Red Wine Sauce'.
There's a blackboard with Specials - including 'Small Mixed Plates' (
- Food Style: Budget Restaurants - the best
- Lunch: Mon-Fri 8.00-22.00, Sat 9.00-22.00; Mon-Fri L 12.00-15.00; T Share - 3 Tapas Pieces £6.50, 5 Tapas Pieces £9.50; mains £8 to £11 + all day snacks
- Dinner: Mon-Fri 8.00-22.00, Sat 9.00-22.00; Mon-Fri L 12.00-15.00; T Share - 3 Tapas Pieces £6.50, 5 Tapas Pieces £9.50; mains £8 to £11 + all day snacks
- Seats: 120, plus 25 outside
- Wine: a well-thought-out, concise, list has modest mark-ups and good selection by the glass
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes, but not lavatory
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page
- Closed: Sun, some Bank Hoildats,1st Jan.
- Air conditioned