A comfortable and popular curry house in an unlikely village situation - apart from the fact that the décor would probably be 'a Richard Llewelyn nightmare'.
The standard of food on offer is above average for what is an basically Anglo-Indian style cooking, but prices are likewise - so beware of extras, such as poppadum's and chutney, even if you don't touch the latter. Nan bread, for example and Rice (a requisitory requirement) both start at
- Food Style: Indian
- Lunch: all week 12.00-14.00; mains about £11 to £21 including rice
- Dinner: all week 18.00-22.30; mains about £11 to £21 including rice
- Seats: 60
- Wine: a short, but adequate wine list, backed up by good Indian beers
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes, but not lavatory
- Nearest station: Haywards Heath or Uckfield Rail
- Directions: See the map on this page - or going east on the A272, between Haywards Heath & Uckfield, turn right at the village green in Newick and the restaurant is 300 metres on the left.
- Closed: enquire about Christmas openings
- Air conditioned