Find this excellent restaurant near the cathedral. You enter through the patisserie/cafe (q.v.) and the standards here are also first class. Once seated in the restaurant, there's the added interest watching your meal being prepared in the open-plan kitchen.
Starters might include Terrine of Skate and Smoked Salmon with a Radish and Apple Salad and Citrus Dressing; Tuna Carpaccio and Ballotine of Organic Salmon with Artichoke and Fennel Salad
Mains, maybe Fillets of Sea Bream with Basil-Crushed Potato, Roast Vegetables and Sauce Vierge and Fillet of Halibut in a Citrus and Herb Crust and an ever present Fillet of Beef for confirmed carnivores.
Desserts might include Peach Tart or Pannacotta with Mixed Berries and Grappa Sorbet; pastries from the patisserie; and there are well-kept British Farmhouse cheeses.
- Food Style: Seafood
- Lunch: L Tues-Sat 12.00-14.30; set L £10 (1 course), £16.50 (2 courses) to £19.50. A light L menu is also offered
- Dinner: D Thurs-Sat 18.30 -21.30; set D £29 (3 courses), Tasting Menu £48 (5 courses)
- Seats: 30, plus 12 outside
- Wine: An interesting, but short, wine list kicks off at around the £20 mark and there are around a dozen by the glass
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes, but not lavatory
- Directions: In the centre of Wells, near the cathedral. See the map on this page.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Closed: L Sun & Mon; D Sun- Weds; 25th-27th Dec. to 18th Jan
- Air conditioned
- Outside eating