One of Britain's top-flight French-style restaurants; and to obtain a table here can be difficult, but well worth it if you can afford this price range. The smart, understated, dining room, fails in one way, in that the tables are sometimes too-close to allow intimate, private, conversations. Because of Gordon Ramsay's other commitments, Clare Smyth is now the named head chef, but all runs smoothly.
For food-lovers, a visit is completely worthwhile - all the way from an 'amuse bouche' (which might by on the style of a frothed truffle cappuccino); through starters - such as 'Roasted Langoustines with braised Pork belly'; 'Steak Tartare with Oscietra Caviar' or 'Pig's trotter stuffed with Sweetbreads'.
Mains - such as 'Lamb cooked in three ways'; 'Roast Fillet of Pork with a section of its slowly-braised Belly' (this comes with Apple Purée and Langoustines) or 'Tranche of Turbot with a red wine jus'.
Desserts, such as 'Pannacotta on a Prune and Armagnac Compote' or 'Chocolate and Hazelnut Soufflé' maintain the high standard, while cheese lovers will be amazed at the array on offer - almost bewildering, even to an expert.
Petits Fours are - again stupendous! Smart dress preferred, and certainly no jeans or trainers.
Bookings are only taken a month in advance, so you must phone up early, four weeks before - or try emailing or faxing, but these options might soon be removed.
No mobile phones.
- Food Style: French
- Lunch: Mon-Fri, 12.00-14.30; set £65 (3 courses) to Menu Prestige £145 (7 courses)
- Dinner: 18.45-23.00; set D £95 (3 courses) to Menu Prestige £145; Inspiration Menu £185 (7 courses)
- Seats: 44
- Wine: A truly-excellent (and enormous) wine list; would make good bed-time reading - but you'll need deep pockets as prices start at around £30, but they offer an excellent selection by the glass
- Children's portions: No
- Wheelchair access: Yes, but not lavatory
- Nearest station: Sloane Square Underground
- Directions: At the river-end of this street. See the map on this page
- Closed: all Sat & Sun, Bank Holidays, and 2 weeks at Christmas
- Air conditioned