Find this excellent, and intimate, Italian above The Chepstow pub, just off the beaten track of Bayswater.
Perhaps begin with 'Prawns on a bed of Pea Purée and grilled polenta'; 'Deep-fried Courgette Flowers' or 'Stewed Octopus'.
If you chose, a pasta course - such as 'Tagliolini with Fresh Herbs and Walnuts - can be taken.
These to be followed by a simple 'Griddled Fillet of beef'; more elaborate 'Roasted Guinea Fowl with Black Truffles' or 'Fritto Misto Mare' (comprising perhaps with prawns, squid and turbot).
'Lemon and Ricotta Mousse'; or a 'Flourless Chocolate Cake with Iced Cream' might round off your meal.
Book well ahead, as it is very popular
- Food Style: Italian
- Lunch: Mon-Sat, 12.30 (Sat 13.00)-14.30; mains about £9 to £30
- Dinner: Mon-Sat, 19.30-23.00; mains about £9 to £30
- Seats: 35
- Wine: an all-Italian list kicks off in the mid £20's, but thereafter is fairly pricey
- Children's portions: No
- Wheelchair access: No
- Nearest station: Notting Hill Gate Underground (10 minutes)
- Directions: See the map at the top of this page
- Closed: all Sun; some Bank Holidays
- Air conditioned