Find this excellent, and intimate, Italian above The Chepstow pub, just off the beaten track of Bayswater. A good bar/pizzeria is on the ground floor.
Perhaps begin with ‘Prawns on a bed of Pea Purée and grilled polenta’; ‘Deep-fried Courgette Flowers’ or ‘Stewed Octopus’.
If you chose, a pasta course – such as ‘Tagliolini with Fresh Herbs and Walnuts – can be taken.
These to be followed by a simple ‘Griddled Fillet of beef’; more elaborate ‘Roasted Guinea Fowl with Black Truffles’ or ‘Fritto Misto Mare’ (comprising perhaps with prawns, squid and turbot).
‘Lemon and Ricotta Mousse’; or a ‘Flourless Chocolate Cake with Iced Cream’ might round off your meal.
Book well ahead, as it is very popular.
- Food Style: Italian
- Lunch: Mon-Fri 12.30-14.30; mains about £20 to £30
- Dinner: Mon-Sat 18.30-22.00; mains about £20 to £30
- Seats: 35
- Wine: an all-Italian list kicks off in the mid £20's, but thereafter is fairly pricey
- Children's portions: No
- Wheelchair access: No
- Nearest station: Notting Hill Gate Underground (10 minutes)
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Closed: all Sun, L Sat, some Bank Holidays
- Air conditioned