A friendly and top-class Italian restaurant with a modern dining room, decked out with modern art and rustic Tuscan colours. The owners originate from Puglia, and many of the dishes are influenced by the cooking of this region and from Central Italy.
Menus change seasonally, but 'Asparagus with a deep-fried Parmesan Egg'; 'Celery Risotto'; 'Fresh grilled Squid with Oyster Mushrooms with a spicy dressing of Chili and Ginger' and 'Ravioli filled with Beetroot and Ricotta with a Poppy Seed and Butter Sauce' set the style for starters.
Perhaps to be followed by 'Sea Bass all'acqua pazza'; 'Venison with White Cabbage, Fontina Cheese, Gnocchi and Quince Preserve' and 'Veal wrapped in Pancetta with Spring Greens and Veal Jus'.
'Prune and Almond Crostata with Zabaglione Ice Cream'; 'Sorbetti' and 'Tiramisu' might round off your meal. While those with a more savoury tooth should enjoy their selection of Italian Farmhouse Cheeses.
Standards are high, and the food of a genuine style rarely found outside the Italian regions, but book as it can be very busy.
- Food Style: Italian
- Lunch: Mon-Sat, 12.00-14.30; set L £24.50 (2 courses), £28.50 (3 courses); mains about £18 to £30
- Dinner: Mon-Sat, 19.00-23.00; mains about £18 to £30
- Seats: 80
- Wine: an impressive mainly Italian list, kicks off in the low £20's, and offers some prestigious bottles
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes, including lavatory
- Nearest station: Putney Bridge Underground
- Directions: Opposite the Odeon Cinema near the bridge. See the map on this page.
- Closed: all Sun, 25th & 26th Dec, 1st Jan; L on Bank Holidays
- Air conditioned