Occupying the 28th floor, once the home of Windows Restaurant – this dining room enjoys some of London’s best restaurant views. All change here, as chef André Garrett has moved on to other things – but indications show that Joo Won (previously Sous Chef) is maintaining the high standards.
Begin perhaps with ‘Langoustine tails with Slow-Cooked Belly Pork and Cauliflower Purée’; 'Poached Scottish Lobster Salad, Mango & Herb Fromage Frais'; ‘Salad of Garden Vegetables, Fine Herbs, Pea Shoots and Walnut Oil’ or Terrine of Duck Foie Gras with Toasted Pain de Campagne’.
Maybe ‘Anjou Pigeon with Petits Pois à la Française and Pommes Cocottes’(the whole cooked in a bag); 'Confit Fillet of Halibut, Crab Pommes ﾉcras馥s, Courgette & Radish Pur馥'; ‘Pavé of Wild Salmon with Asparagus, Fennel, Samphire and Jersey Royal Potatoes’ or ‘Risotto of Morels, Peas and Broad Beans’ to follow.
French cheeses from Philippe Olivier are not to be missed. While desserts such as ‘Vanilla Pannacotta with Poached Cherries’; 'Hot Chocolate Fondant' or ‘ Carpaccio of Pineapple with Coconut Sorbet’ have to be fitted in somewhere.
- Food Style: French
- Lunch: Sun-Fri, 12.00-14.30; set L £28 (2 courses), £33 (3 courses); L Sun £70 (3 courses)
- Dinner: Mon-Sat, 18.00-22.30; set D from £70; Dégustation Menu (£169 including wine)
- Seats: 106
- Wine: an extensive wine list kicks off in the mid £20's, but then spirals into the dizzy heights
- Wheelchair access: Yes, including the woman
- Nearest station: Hyde Park Corner or Green Park Underground
- Directions: See the map on this page.
- Parking: street parking or NCP
- Closed: Sat L, Sun D, some Bank Holidays
- Air conditioned
- Rooms available