An excellent restaurant specialising in the cooking of Pakistan and The Punjab - but not a place for a lingering meal. All the meat and poultry used is halal and vegetarians have plenty of choice.
Starters such as 'Chicken or Mutton Tikka' or 'Masala Fish' might seem run of the mill, but here they are a cut above.
Likewise, mains like 'Karahi Chicken Keema' and 'Karahi Bindi' (okra).
Specials change with te days of the week (see their web site) - but Thursday brings 'Karahi Lamb Chops and Paya Nehari'.
There's a good selection of Indian desserts as well as the expected Kulfi's.
There's no wine license, but you can BYO and there's no corkage - or drink Lassi.
Prices are more than reasonable, but service can be a bit rushed and even surly.
- Food Style: Pakistani
- Lunch: all week 12.00-23.30; mains about £8 to £17
- Dinner: all week 12.00-23.30; mains about £8 to £17
- Seats: 200
- Wine: BYO, no corkage
- Children's portions: No
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Whitechapel or Aldgate East Underground
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Closed: some Bank and Religious Holidays