Find this excellent, but expensive, Japanese restaurant on the first floor of the starkly-minimalist Metropolitan Hotel. It has, however, got its own Park Lane entrance. Once inside, the décor is minimalist, with white walls, small chairs and bare tables; and the menu has a very modern approach to the cooking of its homeland.
So expect the likes of 'Lobster Ceviche with Tomato and Shiso Leaf'; 'Yellowtail Sashimi with Jalapeno'; ''Black Cod with Miso, assorted Sushi and a cup of Miso Soup' - to start your meal. Or at lunchtime, you can just settle for a Bento Box.
'Confit of Duck Roll with Cashew Sauce'; 'Tea-Smoked Lamb with Grilled Tomato Relish' or 'King Crab Claw with Butter Potato Sauce' might follow.
Perhaps finish with a 'Bento Chocolate Box'; 'Slow-cooked Nashi Pear with Star Anise Ice Cream' or 'Apricot Purée with Salty Peanut Brittle'.
It should be remembered that you are given ninety minutes for lunch and two hours for dinner - and this is strictly enforced.
- Food Style: Japanese
- Lunch: all week 12.00-14.15, Sat & Sun 12.30-14.30; set L £28.50 mains about £30 to £36
- Dinner: Mon-Fri 18.00-22.15, Sat 18.00-23.00, Sun 18.00-21.30; set D from £33.50; mains about £30 to £36; Tasting Menu from £80
- Seats: 150
- Wine: a comprehensive wine list has pricing to put of all but those with deep pockets
- Children's portions: No
- Wheelchair access: Yes, including lavatory
- Nearest station: Hyde Park Corner Underground
- Directions: See the map at the top of this page
- Parking: Hyde Park Underground Car Park
- Closed: some Bank Holidays
- Air conditioned