One of the best Indian restaurants we have found in the area. They specialise in the cooking of Southern India, so vegetarian dishes figure prominently, although there are plenty of choices for both lovers of seafood and confirmed carnivores.
Starters such as 'Hara Bhara Kabab' (made with peas, spinach & spices); 'Paneer Tikka'; 'Tandoori Mushrooms'; 'Scallop Pollichathu' (flavoured with coconut milk & ginger); 'Squid Pepper Fry' and 'Chicken Tikka Salad' set the style.
A wide selection of main courses, ranging from various 'Thalis' through 'Fish Curry' and 'Kuraliachi Kadi' (crab with red curry paste & tamarind) to 'Lamb Malabar' and 'Cochin Chicken' (cooked with coconut).
A few refreshing desserts, such as 'Pineapple Halwa' and 'Stem Ginger Ice Cream' are there to round off the proceedings.
However, don't be mislead by it's name, as their dishes reflect the sub-continent in general rather than the Kerala region.
- Food Style: Indian
- Lunch: all week 12.00-14.15; mains about £9 to £15 (including rice)
- Dinner: Mon-Sat 18.00-23.00, Sun 18.00-22.30; mains about £9 to £15 (including rice)
- Wine: a concise list, kicks off at about £14, and includes organic varieties; and is backed up by good lager-style beers
- Nearest station: East Finchley Underground
- Directions: See the map at the top of this page
- Closed: L Sat