Starting to develop into a chain (see below); this may well turn out to be the curry equivalent of Wagamama. An Indian brasserie, sums up the general atmosphere and aims.
You can snack cheaply on the likes of 'Sev Puris' and 'Masala Burgers'. Have a one-course meal, such as 'Chicken Madras Noodles' or be bolder and have a full three course meal.
Popular mains include ' Lamb Vindaloo'; 'Prawn Malai' and various Thalis (probably their most popular item).
There have been recent complaints about the quality of some of the raw ingredients used - the chicken in particular; but generally-speaking its a fun place to eat.
They have other branches around London.
- Food Style: Indian
- Lunch: all week, Mon-Fri 12.00-15.00, Sat & Sun 12.00-23.30; main course curries from about £11; Thali's from about £9
- Dinner: all week, Mon-Fri 17.30-23.00, Sat & Sun 12.00-22.30; main course curries from about £11: Thali's from about £9
- Seats: 160
- Wine: a short, but adequate, list is backed up by good Indian beers
- Children's portions: Yes, special menu for under 7's
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Oxford Circus Underground
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page
- Parking: Street Parking, with difficulty
- Closed: some Bank Holidays
- Air conditioned