An award-winning pub, set on two floors. The downstairs bar, with its comfy sofas, offers a comprehensive menu, while the upstairs dining room, further options and more formal dining.
Expect British food, that follows the seasons; plus a few Mediterranean influences.
Expect to find the likes of 'Cream of Mushroom Soup'; 'Feta Cheese, Cherry Tomato and Rocket Salad with a Tapenade Crostini'; 'Foie Gras Terrine with Rosemary Toast and Sauce Gribiche' and 'Grilled Squid with Chili, Coriander and Lime Salsa' among the starters.
Maybe 'Fillet of Pan-fried Sea Bass with Red Onion Compote, Braised Fennel and Salsa Verde'; 'Grilled Calf's Liver with Onion Gravy, Sautéed Potatoes and Mange Tout' or ' Fillet Steak with Pommes Purée, Buttered Spinach and a Red Wine Sauce'.
Sunday lunch brings various carefully-cooked roasts.
A short list of desserts might include 'Glazed Rhubarb and Custard Tart' and 'Bitter Chocolate Mousse'.
- Food Style: Best Pubs for Food
- Lunch: Sun 12.00-15.00; set L £12.95 (2 courses) to £13.95. Bar menu available.
- Dinner: Tues-Sun, 19.00-22.00 (Sat 22.30); set D £24.50 (2 courses) to £29.50
- Seats: 50, plus private dining room
- Wine: a short, but adequate, list kicks off at £13.50
- Children's portions: No
- Wheelchair access: Downstairs bar only
- Nearest station: Hampstead Underground
- Directions: from Hampstead Underground Station, turn 1st left into Flask Walk.
- Parking: Street Parking with meters.
- Closed: Mon-Sat L, all Mon