A good restaurant offering Bangladeshi and Indian dishes, prepared with fresh herbs and spices. The health and nutritional aspects of the food on offer is emphasised, as is the fact that no artificial colours or preservatives are used.
The menu offers all the traditional and expected dishes in what's a fairly extensive menu; with 'Bengal Chicken Patties'; 'Vegetable Pakura'; 'Lamb Tikka Kebabs' plus various meat and vegetable Puri's (the main ingredient marinated in ginger, garlic and coriander, then served in a Bengal Pastry) - among the starters.
The mains include various 'Jalfreze's' (with sweet peppers); 'Shaslic's' 'Karahi's' and Sizzler dishes; as well as a large selection from the tandoori.
The quality of the food on offer makes this restaurant stand out from its many competitors in the area.
Children have their own menu, making life easier for parents.
- Food Style: Indian
- Dinner: Mon-Thurs, 17.30-23.30; Fri-Sat 17.30-24.00; Sun 17.00-22.30; mains about £11 to £18 (including rice)
- Wine: a concise list has modest mark-ups
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible, plus a Children's Menu
- Wheelchair access: Yes, but not lavatory
- Nearest station: Burnage or Trafford Park Rail
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Parking: Yes
- Closed: L all week; some Bank Holidays