From 7.30am to 15.00 this is a typical British café, but at 19.00 it re-opens, transformed into a simple restaurant serving North African food including Moroccan specialities.
After complimentary spicy nibbles starters might include 'Harissa Soup'; 'Grilled Sardines' and various Briks (filo pastry parcels).
Main courses include various Tagines; Grills including Tuna or Red Mullet and Merguez Sausages - and eight ways with Couscous (including a highly-recommended 'Royal'. Fish Couscous (min 2) requires 48 hours notice.
To finish, there are pastries, sorbets & Tartlette au Citron.
- Food Style: North African
- Lunch: Cafe
- Dinner: Mon-Sat 18.00-22.30; set D from £14.50 (2 courses) to £18.50 (Menu Gastronomique £22.50 (3 courses)
- Seats: 60
- Wine: a short, but adequate list has modest mark-ups, and includes Chateau Musar at a reasonable price. Or you can bring your own for a corkage charge of only £4
- Children's portions: No
- Wheelchair access: Yes, but not lavatory
- Nearest station: Ravenscourt Park Underground
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Parking: Street Parking
- Closed: Sun, Bank Holidays, Christmas to New Year