Find this part of the good neighbourhood restaurant just opposite the prestigious Almeida Theatre. The Francophile menu is described as bistro-style, but the setting (at least indoors) is plush and comfortable – but with an open plan kitchen, making it suitable for every occasion.
Begin with the likes of 'Jerusalem Artichoke Tart and Green Salad'; ‘Chicory, Roquefort, Walnut & Poached Pear Salad'; Mouclade de Moules' or 'Roasted Foie Gras with Quince & Cranberry Purée & Caramelised Endive'.
Perhaps follow with 'Sea Bass Barigoule'; 'Filet de Boeuf au Poivre'; 'Assiette of Landes Duck, Lentilles du Puy'; ‘Pot au Feu of Vendée Black-Leg Chicken’ or perhaps even 'Roast Partridge with Chestnuts and Wild Mushrooms' during winter months.
Finish with a 'Pot au Chocolat'; 'Rum Baba'; ‘Star Anise Crème Brulée with Caramelised Satsuma’ something from the trolley – or some of their excellent cheese.
- Food Style: French
- Lunch: Tues-Sun 12.00-14.15 (Sun 15.30); set L £19 (2 courses) to £22 (3 courses); main courses about £15 to £25; set Sun L £20 (2 courses), £25 (3 courses); Tasting Menu £45
- Dinner: Mon-Sat 17.30-22.45; set D £20 (2 courses), £25 (3 courses); main courses about £15 to £25; Pre & Post Theatre 17.30-18.30 then 21.30-22.30 £19 (2 courses), £22 (3 courses)
- Seats: 95, (a private dining room seating 20), plus about 10 outside
- Wine: a well-thought-out and extensive wine list kicks off in the low £20's
- Children's portions: Yes, Children's Menu
- Wheelchair access: Yes, including lavatory
- Nearest station: Angel Underground
- Directions: See the map on this page - or turn right from the Angel station along Upper Street, just past the church turn left into Almeida Street
- Closed: Sun D; L Mon, a few days at Christmas; Easter Monday
- Air conditioned
- Outside eating