A good neighbourhood Italian - which always seems to buzz. Particularly as their early evening food offerings (between 18.00 & 19.00) are half price. The paper napery add to the laid-back relaxing atmosphere.
The menu is written in Italian, but translations are given throughout. Valentina Harris (of television and cookery book fame) having a hand in the offerings.
Starters might include the likes of 'Pumpkin Soup with Chili Oil'; 'Marinated Sardines with Red Onion and Potato Salad' and 'Buffalo Mozzarella with Roast Beetroot; while various pastas (such as 'Spaghetti Carbonara') and risottos (such as 'Wild Mushroom') can be taken either as a starter or main.
Perhaps follow with 'Lamb cutlets with baby Onions and Rosemary-baked Potatoes'; 'Salmon baked in a bag, with dry Vermouth and Basil and Mint Butter' or 'Lamb Shank, braised in Red Wine, with Celeriac Mash'.
Desserts are of the familiar Italian-type, but include home-made sorbets.
The weekend Brunch menu is particularly popular - being a condensed version of the full version.
- Food Style: Italian
- Lunch: Mon-Fri 12.00-15.00; Sat & Sun 11.00-16.00; mains £8.50 to £15
- Dinner: Mon-Sat 18.00-22.30; Sun to 21.30 (but only Brunch menu until 18.00); mains £8.50 to £15
- Seats: 80, plus 40 outside
- Wine: a comprehensive Italian list kicks off at £12.50
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Nearest station: Wandsworth Common
- Directions: facing the Common on the south east side.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Closed: 25th & 26th Dec
- Air conditioned
- Outside eating