A good modern brasserie-style restaurant with a branch in Westminster. Expect a bustling atmosphere, well-spaced tables and crisp white napery.
On the food front, late Spring brought starters such as 'Vine Tomato Soup with Basil'; 'Grilled Asparagus with Poached Egg & Hollandaise'; 'Chilli Squid with Thai Noodle Salad' and 'Crispy Duck Spring Rolls with Plum & Pineapple Sauce' - plus Mixed Mezze for sharing.
To be followed by various Salads, Pasta & Risotto dishes - offered in small or larger helpings. Plenty from the Grill, ranging from Steaks through Beefburger to Lobster - to their selection of 'Classics'.
These include 'Fish & Chips with Mushy Peas, Han Cut Chips & Tartare Sauce'; 'Tandoori-Baked Sea Bass'; 'Crispy Duck with Chinese Greens, Honey & Sesame' - plus a copy of Curries.
Lighter meals, such as Croque Monsieur and Steak & Club Sandwiches are also listed.
Puds, such as 'Warm Chocolate Fondant with Salted Caramel Ice Cream' and 'Sticky Toffee Pudding with Butterscotch Sauce' are there to tempt you at the end.
Service is professional and efficient.
- Food Style: Brasserie
- Lunch: Mon-Fri 12.00-22.30, Sat 11.30-23.00, Sun 11.30-21.30; mains about £12 to £32. A bar menu is also available.
- Dinner: Mon-Fri 12.00-22.30, Sat 11.30-23.00, Sun 11.30-21.30; mains about £12 to £32
- Seats: 240, plus 50 outside
- Wine: a well-chosen list kicks off at around £17, prices rising steeply thereafter.
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes, including lavatory
- Nearest station: Five Ways or Birmingham New Street Rail
- Directions: just off Broad Street - see the map at the top of this page
- Parking: Street Parking, plus car park in Sheepcoat Street 100m away
- Closed: some Bank Holidays
- Air conditioned
- Outside eating