Some of London’s best pizza’s are to be had at this modern restaurant; and prices are very reasonable.
While the bases are generally an Achilles heel, the art has been perfected here – they are made with sourdough which might have something to do with it.
Toppings are a mixture of the traditional and the modern; the latter including varieties such as aubergine and sun-dried tomatoes with red peppers; and smoked salmon with rocket, capers and olives – the flavours of both combining surprisingly well. A few simple starters, the odd pasta dish – the odd pasta dish – plus some seafood temptations such as ‘Baked Garlic Prawns and Crab with Spinach’ complete the picture.
The restaurant is a quiet haven at lunchtime, particularly on weekdays, but booking is essential in the evening, when the bustle can make conversation difficult. Whereas weekend Breakfasts are deservedly popular.
- Food Style: Pizza & Pasta
- Lunch: Mon-Thurs 12.00-23.00, Fri 12.00-23.30, Sat 9.00-23.30, Sun 9.00-22.30; mains about £7 to £18
- Dinner: Mon-Thurs 12.00-23.00, Fri 12.00-23.30, Sat 9.00-23.30, Sun 9.00-22.30; mains about £7 to £18
- Wine: an adequate, mainly Italian, list kicks off at around the £16 mark
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes, but not lavatory
- Nearest station: Clapham Common Underground
- Directions: See the map on this page - opposite Sainsbury
- Parking: Street parking
- Closed: some Bank Holidays
- Air conditioned