Some of London's best pizza's are to be had at this modern restaurant.
While the bases are generally an Achilles heel, the art has been perfected here - they are made with sourdough which might have something to do with it.
Toppings are a mixture of the traditional and the modern; the latter including varieties such as aubergine and sun-dried tomatoes with red peppers; and smoked salmon with rocket, capers and olives - the flavours of both combining surprisingly well. A few simple starters, the odd pasta dish - the odd pasta dish - plus some seafood temptations such as 'Baked Garlic Prawns and Crab with Spinach' complete the picture.
The restaurant is a quiet haven at lunchtime, particularly on weekdays, but booking is essential in the evening, when the bustle can make conversation difficult.
They have another branch at
144 Chiswick High Road. The next door delicatessen 'Esca' is under the same ownership.
- Food Style: Pizza & Pasta
- Lunch: all week: Mon-Fri 12.00-16.00 (Sat & Sun 12.00-23.00); mains £4.75 to £14.95
- Dinner: all week; Mon-Sat 18.30-23.00 (Sun 22.30); mains £4.75 to £14.95
- Wine: an adequate, mainly Italian, list kicks off at £13.95
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes, but not lavatory
- Nearest station: Clapham Common Underground
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page - opposite Sainsbury
- Parking: Street parking
- Closed: some Bank Holidays
- Air conditioned