A smart Italian restaurant overlooking the rear of The Royal Academy. Dek wood, marble floors and striking art work form the backdrop to mainly-simple dishes, carefully cooked.
Although the menu changes regularly, starters such as 'Cauliflower and Black Truffle Soup'; 'Calamari Fritti' and 'Vitello Tonnato' set the tone.
Pasta and rice middle courses will tempt you with 'Wild Mushroom Risotto'and 'Lobster with Spaghetti'.
While mains might include ' Pan-Fried Dover Sole'; 'Roast Sea Bass with Artichokes'; 'Venetian Calf's Liver' (with sage and onions) and 'Braised Ox Cheeks or Osso Buco with Mashed Potatoes'.
Vegetables are charged separately and the total cost has to be watched for all but those with deep pockets - so beware!
Desserts are not the strongest point - both Tiramisu and Zabaglione have disappointed on separate visits; while 'Lemon Tart with Lemon Sorbet and Mascarpone Cream' was a success.
Service is both friendly and professional.
- Food Style: Italian
- Lunch: Mon-Fri 7.00-1.00am; Saturday 8.00-1.00am, Sun 8.00-24.00 (midnight); set Breakfast £18; mains about £16 to £34
- Dinner: Mon-Fri 7.00-1.00am; Saturday 8.00-1.00am, Sun 8.00-24.00 (midnight); set Breakfast £18; mains about £16 to £34
- Seats: 90
- Wine: a comprehensive list covers the world and kicks off in the high £20s prices the rise quickly
- Wheelchair access: Yes, including lavatory
- Nearest station: Green Park Underground
- Directions: between New Bond Street & Savile Row - see the map on this page
- Parking: Street parking
- Closed: some Bank Holidays
- Air conditioned