Find this excellent restaurant in the luxurious Langham Hotel.
The menu on offer at this Roux outpost offers traditional, rather than ground-breaking, dishes - but for many this will be a relief from modern foams and often over-handled food arrangements. Unsurprisingly, standards are high.
Starters such as 'Marbled Duck Terrine with Truffled Vinaigrette'; 'Citrus-Cured Vat Salmon with Crème Fraiche & Shaved Fennel'; 'Light Wild Garlic Velouté with Charred Grelot Onions' and 'Cornish Squid with Shaved Cauliflower with Meyer Lemon & Dill' set the style.
Perhaps to be followed by 'Loin of Pork with Chorizo & Thyme-Flavoured Cider Sauce'; 'Seared Sea Bass with Violet Artichokes Barigoule & Wet Garlic Tartine'; 'Roast Chicken Suprême with Smoked Pommes Mousseline & Tarragon Sauce' and 'Red-Wine-Glazed Feather Blade Beef with Oxtail Marmalade & Purple-Top Turnips' on their list of mains.
An equal amount of care is paid to the desserts - which look too good to eat; whilst cheese-lovers should be more than happy with their selection of French & British varieties.
Helpful, professional service.
- Food Style: Modern French
- Lunch: Mon-Fri 12.30-14.30; set L £39 (3 courses); mains about £22 to £48
- Dinner: Mon-Sat 17.30-22.30; Set D between 17.30-19.00 & 22.00-22.30 £39 (3 courses); mains about £22 to £48; Tasting Menu £70
- Seats: 90
- Wine: a French list has some prestigious bottles, and kicks off in the mid £30's
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Oxford Circus Underground
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Closed: L Sat, all Sun, most Bank Holidays
- Rooms available