Some of London's best pizza's are to be had at this modern restaurant.
While the bases are generally an Achilles heel, the art has been perfected here - they are made with sourdough which might have something to do with it.
Toppings are a mixture of the traditional and the modern; the latter including varieties such as aubergine and sun-dried tomatoes with red peppers; and smoked salmon with rocket, capers and olives - the flavours of both combining surprisingly well. A few simple starters, the odd pasta dish - the odd pasta dish - plus some seafood temptations such as 'Baked Garlic Prawns and Crab with Spinach' complete the picture.
The restaurant is a quiet haven at lunchtime, particularly on weekdays, but booking is essential in the evening, when the bustle can make conversation difficult.
They have another branch at 162 Clapham High Street.
- Food Style: Pizza & Pasta
- Lunch: all week: Mon-Fri 12.00-16.00 (Sat & Sun 12.00-23.00); mains from £4.75 to £14.95
- Dinner: all week; Mon-Sat 18.30-23.00 (Sun 22.30); mains from £4.75 to £14.95
- Wine: a concise, mainly Italian, list kicks off at £13.95
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes, but not lavatory
- Nearest station: Turnham Green Underground
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page
- Closed: some Bank Holidays