Find this French-style restaurant on the ground floor of this comfortable and 'listed' hotel, on a quiet street on the east bank of the River Ness.
The kitchen uses carefully-sourced produce and takes full advantage of the local seafood and seasonal game.
Start with the likes of 'Roast hand-dived Scallops with Celeriac & White Truffle Purée'; 'Ballotine of Foie Gras with Apple Purée & Jelly & Toasted Brioche' and 'Mixed Beetroot Salad with Goats Cheese Snow, Parmesan & Mixed Leaves'.
Maybe follow with 'Scottish Brown Hare Fillets, Kumquat Confit with Wilted Spinach'; 'Slow-Cooked & Roasted Fillet of Speyside Beef with Wilted Spinach, Sautéed Wild Mushrooms, Dauphinoise Potatoes and Cocoanib Beef Jus'.
Perhaps round off your meal with 'Soft Dark-Chocolate with Walnut, Braised Apple and Salted Caramel Ice Cream'; 'Black Cherry Soufflé with Chocolate Anglaise & Yoghurt Sorbet' or French and Scottish cheeses from the trolley.
No mobile phones.
- Food Style: Modern French
- Dinner: Tues-Sun 19.00-21.30; Tasting Menu £55 (8 courses); mains £20 to £28
- Seats: 30, plus 30 outside
- Wine: a predominately French list kicks off at £18 and around half a dozen by the glass
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes and bedrooms available for disabled customers
- Nearest station: Inverness Rail
- Directions: Find the hotel 2 miles (3km) from the city centre, on the river, opposite the theatre. See the map at the top of this page.
- Parking: Yes
- Closed: all Sun & Mon; some Bank Holidays
- Air conditioned
- Outside eating
- Rooms available