Find this good neighbourhood café/restaurant, in a series of pretty converted buildings, in the centre of the town.
You can enjoy a cup of good coffee with a Croissant or Danish Pastry - Bacon & Egg Sandwich etc for breakfast.
Lunchtime brings everything from Sandwiches to lighter dishes such as 'Bramhalls Burger with Fries & Sweet Chili Coleslaw'; 'Quiche of the Day'; 'Smoked Haddock & Parmesan Fisgcake with Homemade Tartare Sauce' and 'Shepherd's Pie with Roasted Roots' plus on Sunday various traditional Roasts.
If you still have room you might be tempted by 'Warm Chocolate Brownie with Pistachio Nut Ice Cream'; 'Pannacotta with Poached Rhubarb & Shortbread'; 'Strawberry Sablé with Vanilla Ice Cream' or their selection of Local Farmhouse Cheeses from the deli.
- Food Style: Modern British
- Lunch: Tues-Sun Breakfast from 8.00, L 11.30-14.30; mains £9.95 to £10.95; set L Sun £12.50 (2 courses), £13.00 (3 courses)
- Seats: 60
- Wine: a concise, but well-chosen, list has modest mark-ups
- Children's portions: Yes
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Parking: Yes, but space limited; plus public car park nearby
- Closed: D Sun, L Mon, 25th & 26th Dec, 1st Jan
- Rooms available