A fun restaurant and bar offering a wide selection of dishes in the style of South Eastern Asia. There are no set courses, as such, and many of the dishes are suitable for sharing - in the Chinese style.
These stretch from Dim Sum items, such as 'Chili Salt Squid' and 'Spare Ribs' and Salads - such as 'Seaweed and Silken Tofu' and 'Duck, Watermelon and Cashew' through Sashimi and Tempura and dishes to more substantial Curries and Roasts.
A few desserts might include 'Sake, Apricot and Frangipone Tart' and 'Chocolate Pudding with Green Tea Ice Cream'.
For the uninitiated , the menu has a helpful menu-term glossary on the back.
The Great Eastern Dining Room, XO and e & o (all q.v's) are under the same ownership.
- Food Style: Pan Asian
- Lunch: Mon-Sat 12.00-15.00 (Sat 16.00); set L £15 (2 courses); mains £11 to £26
- Dinner: all week; 18.00-23.00; mains £11 to £26
- Seats: 95
- Wine: a concise list kicks off at £16, but theres little else under £20
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes, but not lavatory
- Nearest station: Sloane Square Underground (15 minutes)
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page - near the junction with Beaufort Street
- Parking: Street parking
- Closed: Sun L; some Bank Holidays
- Air conditioned