A fun restaurant and bar offering a wide selection of dishes in the style of South Eastern Asia. There are no set courses, as such, and many of the dishes are suitable for sharing - in the Chinese style.
These stretch from Dim Sum items, such as 'Chili Salt Squid' and 'Spare Ribs' and Salads - such as 'Seaweed and Silken Tofu' and 'Duck, Watermelon and Cashew' through Sashimi and Tempura and dishes to more substantial Curries and Roasts.
A few desserts might include 'Sake, Apricot and Frangipone Tart' and 'Chocolate Pudding with Green Tea Ice Cream'.
For the uninitiated , the menu has a helpful menu-term glossary on the back.
The Great Eastern Dining Room, XO and e & o (all q.v's) are under the same ownership.
- Food Style: Pan Asian
- Lunch: Sat & Sun 12.00-16.30; Bottomless Brunch £35 (incl. wine, beer or prosecco); mains about £9 to £35
- Dinner: Mon-Fri 18.00-23.00, Sat 18.00-23.00, Sun 18.00-22.30; mains about £9 to £35
- Seats: 95
- Wine: a concise list kicks off in the low £20’s
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes, but not lavatory
- Nearest station: Sloane Square Underground (15 minutes)
- Directions: See the map on this page - near the junction with Beaufort Street
- Parking: Street parking
- Closed: L Mon-Fri; some Bank Holidays
- Air conditioned