A smart modern brasserie-style restaurant set over three levels, plus a terrace for al fresco dining.
Much travelled chef Gary Hollihead offers a modern menu with dishes to awaken the taste buds. Perhaps begin with 'Cornish Crab with Gazpacho Sauce'; 'Foie Gras and Globe Artichoke Terrine with Port Wine Jelly and Toasted Brioche'; 'Warm Pastry Tart of Smoked Haddock and Leeks' or 'Gravadlax of Organic Salmon, Vodka and Beetroot Marinade'.
This maybe to be followed by 'Line-Caught Cod, Mussel and Potato Billybye and a Parsley Velouté'; 'Rump of Lamb, Flagelot Beans, Warm Merlot-Vinegar Jus, Dried Tomatoes and Tapenade' or 'Goats' Cheese and Potato Gnocchi, Asparagus and Peas with Nut Brown Butter'.
Perhaps finish with 'Peach Melba'; 'Cherry Soufflé with White Chocolate Chip and Cherry Ice Cream' or their good selection of British Cheeses with home-made bread and chutney.
Formal, but friendly service.
- Food Style: Modern British
- Lunch: Mon-Fri, mains £13.50 to £27.00
- Dinner: Tues-Sat 18.00-11.30; mains £13.50 to £27.00
- Seats: 120, plus 20 outside
- Wine: a concise list kicks off at £18.50, but prices rise steeply after that.
- Children's portions: No
- Wheelchair access: Yes, but not lavatory
- Nearest station: Green Park or Piccadilly Circus Underground
- Directions: just off Burlington Gardens, running between Bond and Regents Street. See the map at the top of the page.
- Parking: Street parking or NCP
- Closed: Lunch all week; Sun & Mon
- Air conditioned
- Outside eating