An excellent fish and chip shop, possibly one of the best in the country - and now run by the third generation -where you can eat-in or take away. Expect white tiles and Formica tables in a chippy-like way, but food and service beyond expectations. Depending on the weather, there are generally a few specials listed on the board; plus a few extras, such as Pea Fritters and Bubble Cake (bubble without the squeak); and you can opt to have your fish steamed if you're looking for the healthy option.
They're unlicensed but you are welcome to BYO.
- Food Style: Fish and Chip Shops - The Best
- Lunch: Tues-Sat 10.30-14.30; eat in mains about £6 to £9
- Dinner: Tues-Sat 16.00-20.00; eat in mains about £6 to £9
- Wine: No, but you're welcome to bring your own
- Children's portions: When possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes, but not lavatory
- Nearest station: Brighton (10 minutes)
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page - just off London Road, between St. Peter's Church and Preston Circus
- Parking: Street parking
- Closed: all Sun & Mon; Bank Holidays & sometimes the day after