An excellent restaurant offering an upmarket brasserie-style menu. It's busy atmosphere comes even more into its own in summer months, when the sliding glass windows allow al fresco dining.
The kitchen, under the leadership of Anthony Boyd, offers the likes of 'Cream of Cauliflower Soup with Truffle Oil and Gougères'; 'Seared Loin of Tuna with a Salad of Radish, Coriander, Soy and Sesame' or 'Ravioli of Braised Rabbit with Ceps Purée and a Thyme Emulsion' to start.
Depending on the season, maybe 'Côte de Boeuf with Hand-Cut Chips and Béarnaise Sauce (for 2)'; 'Sauté of Artichokes and Field Mushrooms with Sauce Mousseline and a Poached Egg' or ' Red Mullet with a Risotto of Brown Shrimps and Herbs, Steamed Bok Choi and Grilled Fennel' to follow.
Perhaps finish with 'Clafoutis of Griottine Cherries'; 'Tarte Tatin with Vanilla Ice Cream' or 'Valrhona Chocolate Fondant with Milk Ice Cream'.
They also have an excellent selection of Cheeses.
Chez Bruce (Wandsworth) and The Glasshouse (Kew) - both q.v's, are under the same ownership.
- Food Style: French
- Lunch: Mon-Sat 12.00-14.30; Sun 12.30-15.00; set L Mon-Sat £30 (2 courses), £35 (3 courses); set L Sun from £33 (2 courses)
- Dinner: Mon-Sat 18.30-22.30; Sun 19.00-21.30; set Early D £22 (2 courses); set D £55 (3 courses); Tasting Menu £70
- Seats: 70, plus 16 outside
- Wine: an excellent list travels the world, kicking off in the low £20's, and offering an interesting selection by the glass
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes, including lavatory
- Nearest station: Turnham Green Underground
- Directions: See the map on this page - close to Chiswick High Street.
- Parking: Street parking
- Closed: 24th to 26th Dec, 1st Jan, some Bank Holidays
- Air conditioned
- Outside eating