Find this good restaurant, specialising in Pakistani family-style food, just off Knightsbridge. Mr.Salahuddin, the proprietor, previously owned an establishment in Lahore. There's a downstairs bar area, but the comfortable dining room, with its crisp white napery and deep carpeting, is upstairs.
On offer are excellent cooked-to-order tandoori, dishes as well as a selection of well-prepared items such as 'Karahi Gosht' - a speciality from the Khyber region, 'Chicken in cheese' (pieces of chicken, off the bone baked in a soufflé mixture of cheese, eggs and milk) and 'Palak Gosht', a typical dish from Punjab (diced leg and shoulder of lamb with spinach and onions). More familiar dishes, such as chicken tikka, lamb chops and shish kebabs come from the tandoor.
Desserts might include 'Halwa Gajar' - made from finely shredded carrots, milk, almonds and pistachios, served hot with real, edible silver leaf; and there are various kulfi's.
Prices are firm, even considering the area.
- Food Style: Pakistani
- Lunch: Mon-Sat 12.00-14.15; mains about £17 to £37 (including rice)
- Dinner: Mon-Sat 19.00-23.00; mains about £17 to £37 (including rice)
- Seats: 45
- Wine: a concise list kicks off at around the £20 mark
- Children's portions: No children under 5 years of age
- Wheelchair access: No
- Nearest station: Knightsbridge Underground
- Directions: Kinnerton Street is opposite the Berkeley Hotel. See the map on this page.
- Parking: Meters & Kinnerton Street Car Park
- Closed: 25th & 26th Dec
- Air conditioned