Styling itself as a Café/Bar, the menu at this converted pub offers much more.
The kitchen, under the direction of Mariusz Dziamski & Sally David, use carefully sourced ingredients for all they produce.
At main mealtimes starters/light meals (offered in two sizes) might include 'Trouble House Charcuterie Board'; 'Homemade Fish Cake with Tartare Sauce'; 'Goulash Soup with Sour Cream & Crusty Bread' and 'Calamari Salad with Chorizo & Red Pepper Salsa & Black Pepper Aioli'.
Mains such as 'Rabbit & Serrano Ham Filo Parcel with Girolle Mushrooms, Savoy Cabbage & Madeira Sauce'; 'Homemade Gnocchi with Slow-Cooked Pork Belly with Caramelised Apple & Kale'; '8oz Rib Eye Steak with Fries, Steak Butter, Rocket & Roasted Tomatoes' and 'Wagyu Beef Burger with Fries & Classic Burger Garnish' might follow.
Excellent puds, such as 'Frangipane Almond Tart with Seasonal Fruit with Vanilla Ice Cream'; 'Warm Treacle Tart with Ice Cream or Custard' and 'Italian Chocolate & Amaretti Cake with Salted Caramel' complete the picture.
Good breakfasts range from 'Porridge with Honey & Sunflower Seeds' through 'Eggs Florentine' to Full English Breakfast'. Excellent in-house cakes are offered at Tea Time – and these are worth a visit in their own right!
- Food Style: Modern British
- Lunch: Tues-Thurs 9.00-17.00 (L 12.00-15.00), Sun 11.30-15.00; mains about £14 to £20
- Dinner: Fri & Sat 9.00-21.00 (D 19.00-21.00); mains about £14 to £20
- Seats: 52, plus 24 outside
- Wine: a concise list has modest mark-ups
- Children's portions: Children's Menu
- Wheelchair access: Yes, including lavatory
- Directions: See the map on this page - on the A433 road towards Cirencester 1½ miles/2km from Tetbury
- Parking: Yes
- Closed: some Bank Holidays
- Outside eating