This restaurant - previously Andrews on the Weir - is still under the same ownership of Andrew & Sarah Dixon, but has had some serious re-branding - giving it more relaxed aims and aspirations, while still obtaining high standards .
It is beautifully set where Exmoor meets the Bristol Channel, and has the South West coastal path running past the front door.
On the food front, an All Day Menu offers the likes of 'Toasted Muffin with Wild Mushrooms a la Crème with Spinach, Smoked Bacon & Poached Egg'; 'Full English Breakfast with Poached, Fried or Scrambled Eggs'; 'Withycombe Pork Belly with Squash Purée, Black Pudding Croquette and Apple & Cider Juices' and 'Deep-Fried Fish in Beer Batter with Mushy Peas, Tartare Sauce & Triple Cooked Chips'.
This is largely carried over into the evening with certain elaborations and the addition of Seafood specials.
Desserts are not forgotten with perhaps 'Warm Chocolate Brownie with Mascarpone & Orange Cream & Grand Marnier Custard' and 'Vanilla Panna Cotta with Seasonal Fruit & Cardamom Cream' there to tempt you.
They have comfortable bedrooms on offer if you plan ahead.
Service is both professional and friendly.
- Food Style: Modern British
- Lunch: Weds-Sun 12.00-20.00; set L £10 (2 courses), £15 (3 courses); mains about £13 to £20; set L Sun £9.95
- Dinner: Weds-Sun 18.00-20.00; mains £13 to £40; Seafood Tasting Menu £40 per person (entire table only & 24 hours notice)
- Seats: 40
- Wine: a concise list kicks off at around the £20 mark
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible, but no children under 12
- Wheelchair access: Yes, but not lavatory
- Directions: See the map on this page - or from the A39, main coast road, take the sign for Porlock Weir from the centre of Porlock.
- Parking: Yes
- Closed: Sun-Tues; check Christmas openings
- Outside eating
- Rooms available