What was once a pub, has been transformed into a brasserie. The whole, including upstairs private dining rooms, is a clever mix of the old and new with elegant chandeliers throughout and a splendid Grade 11 listed staircase leading upstairs next to trendy wall decorations.
A winter snapshot, found the kitchen offering the likes of 'Baby Gems with Vinaigrette, Streaky Bacon, Quails Eggs & Anchovies'; 'Salt & Pepper Squid with Chili & Lime' and 'Salad of Beetroot, Hazelnuts & Goats Cheese' among the starters.
Mains, such a 'Sautéed Gnocchi with Jerusalem Artichoke, Goats Cheese, Hazelnuts & Broccoli'; 'Whole Bream with Fennel & Orange Salad & Sautéed Potatoes' and 'Salt Marsh Lamb Cutlets with Smoked Aubergine, Chorizo & Anchovy' set the style.
Desserts maybe include 'Chocolate Mousse with Banana & Honeycomb'; 'Rosemary Crème Brulée, Blackberry & Pistachio and Lavender Biscuit' and 'Apple & Date Tarte Fine with Rum & Raisin Ice Cream' on offer.
- Food Style: Brasserie
- Lunch: all week, mains about £9 to £19
- Dinner: all week, mains about £9 to £19
- Seats: 54
- Wine: a mainly French list, also has New World offerings and kicks off at around the £19 mark
- Wheelchair access: Yes, including lavatory
- Nearest station: Sloane Square/Victoria (15 minutes)
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Parking: NCP
- Closed: 25th & 26th Dec
- Air conditioned