Describing itself as a modern family-run basement trattoria, sums this restaurant up well.
Expect well-cooked pasta dishes - such as 'Fregola with Roast Squash, globe artichoke & Seirass Ricotta' and 'Tagliatelle with Beef Ragù' - suitable for either starters or mains. Plus pure starters - such as 'Coppa Mantovana with Heirloom Tomatoes & Carasau Bread' and 'Chestnut, Curly Kale & White Bean Soup & Pecorino Romano'.
Mains, such as 'Roasted Rack of Pork with Sicilian Caponata'; 'Pollack & Mussela Stew with Chick Peas & Saffron'; 'Roast Baby Chicken with Sweet Red & Green Peppers' and 'Charcoal-Grilled 28-day-aged T Bone Steak alla Fiorentina' set the style.
Puds aren't forgotten, with perhaps 'Tiramisu'; 'Orange Cake with Goat's Ricotta Cream & Clementine Sorbet' and 'Warm Chocolate Fondente with Vanilla Ice Cream & Praline Crunch' on offer.
Friendly, enthusiastic service.
- Food Style: Italian
- Lunch: Mon-Sat 12.00-23.00; Sun 12.00-22.00; set L Mon-Fri £9.50 (1 course); mains about £14 to £29
- Dinner: Mon-Sat 12.00-23.00; Sun 12.00-22.00; Pre/Post-Theatre D 17.00-19.00 & 22.00-23.00 £17.50 (2 courses), £20 (3 courses); mains about £14 to £29
- Seats: 90
- Wine: an Italian list, with a few nods elsewhere, has modest mark-ups
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Nearest station: Piccadilly Circus Underground
- Directions: See the map on this page