Find this minimalistly-smart restaurant in the heart of Mayfair, handy for Bond Street shopping. Along with it's sister restaurant near Tottenham Court Road, it serves some of London's best Chinese and Pan Asian food.
If you'd like food of a similar standard, and don't mind bustle their Yauatcha in Soho (q.v.) under the same ownership - is worth a thought, and you'll leave with healthier pockets!
The main menu offers the likes of 'Wild Venison Satay Roll'; 'A single Scallop in Black Bean Sauce'; 'Braised Dried Whole Abalone'; 'Waghu Beef Soup' or 'Fried Turnip Cake with Chinese Chive Buds' among the starters.
For main courses perhaps try 'Roasted Silver Cod with Champagne & Honey'; 'Black Truffle Smoked Duck' and 'Braised Belly Pork with Cloud Ears' are all winners among the main courses. More recognisable dishes (at least to British tastes) such as 'Lemon Chicken' & 'Sweet & Sour Duke of Berkshire Pork with Pomegranate' are also offered. Some of the specialities - such as 'Peking Duck with Beluga Caviar' need 24 hours notice.
Desserts, offer a complete change of style, and some are surprisingly Westernised - perhaps 'Pandan Soufflé' or 'Fennel Crème Brulée with Gin Jelly, Grapefruit and a Sesame Tuile' - but are not really the reason for a visit.
While standards are high - all this comes at a cost. But for a special occasion, worth it.
- Food Style: Chinese
- Lunch: all week 12.00-15.15 (Sat & Sun 16.15); set L £38 (3 courses, Set Dim Sum L £40, mains about £15 to £65
- Dinner: all week 18.00-23.30 (Thurs-Sat 24.00); set D £68 to £130 (10 courses); mains about £15 to £65
- Seats: 200
- Wine: an impressive list for a Chinese restaurant, starts in the £30's and climbs steadily
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Green Park or Bond Street Underground
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Closed: 24th & 25th Dec
- Air conditioned