A comfortable traditional Japanese restaurant in the heart of Mayfair. It's a long-established outpost of the Mikuniya Onsen Restaurant in Japan - where the motto is 'treat guests with a warm hostpitality" and they are proud of serving authentic Japanese food to the British. The minimalist interior, with a stone floor and natural wooden panel walls leads to a relaxing eastern atmosphere.
As well as an extensive selection of Sushi, Sashimi and Tempura, there are Grills (such as 'Grilled Eel on Rice with Miso Soup' and 'Beef Teriyaki'); Casseroles (such as 'Mixed Vegetable' and 'Lemon Sole') - more akin to Japanese home cooking.
Finish with 'Green Tea Ice Cream', Fresh Fruit or various Sorbets.
- Food Style: Japanese
- Lunch: Mon-Sat, 12.00-14.30; set L from £26; mains about £13 to £29; Sushi about £4 to £13
- Dinner: all week, 18.00-22.15 (Sun & Bank Holidays 17.30-21.45); set D from £59; mains about £13 to £29; Sushi about £4 to £13
- Seats: 95
- Wine: a short, but adequate, has initial modest mark-ups - but prices rise steeply thereafter
- Children's portions: No
- Wheelchair access: Yes, including lavatory
- Nearest station: Green Park Underground
- Directions: See the map on this page.
- Closed: 25th & 26th Dec, 1st Jan
- Air conditioned