A smart and modern Indian Restaurant with a vibrant cocktail bar attached - the bar's a popular meeting place, for those going to the nearby theatres.
The dishes offered are mainly modern twists on familiar dishes, but main ingredients are more sophisticated than those to be found at your local takeaway.
Expect the likes of 'Yellow Soup with Garlic Kulcha'; 'Guinea Fowl Breast, marinated in Pickling Spices' and 'Black Tiger Prawns with a hint of Green Mango' among the starters.
Perhaps ' Tandoor Roasted Rack of Lamb marinated in Spicy Yoghurt'; 'Steamed Whole Gilt Head Bream with Carom Seed' together with more familiar curries - such as 'Lamb Korma' and Chicken Biryani' among the mains.
Side dishes have been highly praised especially their 'Courgette stuffed with Seasonal Vegetables' and 'Broad Beans Poriyal with Coconut Shavings'.
Desserts include some Western favourites, such as 'Chocolate Parfait' and 'Passion Fruit Mousse' as well as more traditional Kulfi's.
- Food Style: Modern Indian
- Lunch: Mon-Sat 12.00-15.00, Sun Brunch 11.30-16.00; set Street Food L from £9 (2 courses); Sharing L Menu £40pp; mains about £19 to £34; Bar menu available
- Dinner: all week 17.00-23.00; set Street Food D £25 (8 dishes); mains about £19 to £34; Pre & Post Theatre 17.00-18.30 & 22.00-23.00 £17.50 (2 courses), £20 (3 courses)
- Seats: 200
- Wine: a pricy list kicks off at around the £30 mark
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes, including lavatory
- Nearest station: Charing Cross Rail & Underground
- Directions: Suffolk Place is just off Haymarket, near the junction with Pall Mall East. See the map on this page.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Closed: Bank Holidays
- Air conditioned