« back to restaurants search results
Real Greek Covent Garden60-62 Long Acre, Covent Garden, London, London, WC2E 9JE
What started in Hoxton as a top-class Greek Restaurant during the 1990's has diluted itself into a chain, and both aims and standards have slipped accordingly.
The food now on offer lends itself more to the mass market, but is affordable and still worthy of an entry here.
Dishes are of the Greek taverna variety - so maybe begin with 'Taramasalata' (but without the pink colouring); 'Htipiti' (a course dip of feta, char-grilled Peppers and Roasted Onions); 'Dolmades' (wrapped vine leaves) or 'Grilled Octopus with Olive Oil, Oregano and Garlic'.
Follow with one of their char-grilled Skewers/Kebabs or a main course Salad - or you can leave it to them and perhaps settle for an all-encompassing set meals (for a min. of 2 people).
Finish with 'Greek Coffee Ice Cream Parfait'; 'Baklava with Honey and Cardamon Ice Cream' or 'Manouri' (a Greek ewe's milk cheesecake).
- Food Style: Greek
- Lunch: Mon-Sat 11.30-23.00, Sun 11.30-22.30; mains from about £6 to £8; set Meze from about £26 (2 people minimum)
- Dinner: Mon-Sat 11.30-23.00, Sun 11.30-22.30; mains from about £6 to £8; set Meze from about £26 (2 people minimum)
- Seats: 50
- Wine: an all Greek list kicks off at about £16
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Covent Garden Underground
- Directions: See the map at the top of this page