The latest, and our favourite, branch of an international chain of excellent Thai restaurants. The others in Britain, are at 9 Beauchamp Place, SW3 1NQ (Tel: 020-7581 8820); 181 Fulham Road, SW3 6JN (Tel: 020-7351 5692; and 3 Maddox Street, W1S 2QB (Tel: 020-7499 6008).
The comfortable narrow dining room has a splendid model teak palace as its centrepiece; and the clever use of lighting and candles makes for a romantic setting.
Expect all the Thai standards - such as Hot and Sour Tom Yum Soup, Noodle dishes plus green and red curries; but ingredients seem to have a quality not always found when they might be masked by strong sauces. The use of Aberdeen Angus steak being a good example; while Crispy Duck Leg Confit, in a Tamarind Sauce with Roasted Pineapple has been highly-praised.
For those in a hurry, go for the page of Chef's specials - for others, the menu makes an interesting read, making choosing difficult.
There's also a separate menu for vegetarians.
Excellent and friendly service.
- Food Style: Thai
- Lunch: Mon-Sat, 12.00-14.30; set L £13.50 (2 courses), £16.50 (3 courses); mains about £17 to £35
- Dinner: all week, 18.30-22.30; mains about £17 to £35; Pre Theatre D £16.95 (2 courses), £19.95 (3 courses)
- Seats: 110
- Wine: A concise, but well-chosen, list kicks off in the mid £20's
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes, including lavatory
- Nearest station: Tottenham Court Road Underground
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Closed: L Sun, 25th Dec; some Bank Holidays
- Air conditioned