A good Thai restaurant in this fashionable shopping street. While other local familiar restaurant names have tended to trade on their smart address recently, standards have been maintained here - without the necessity of outrageous prices. They have other London branches In Greek Street, Soho and Maddox Street (near Oxford Circus) [both q.v's]
The dining room is comfortable and bedecked with fresh flowers and Thai textiles.
On the food front, expect all the Thai standards - such as Hot and Sour Tom Yum Soup, Noodle dishes plus green and red curries (perhaps made with wild boar); but ingredients seem to have a quality not always found when they might be masked by strong sauces. The use of Aberdeen Angus steak being a good example; while Crispy Duck Leg Confit, in a Tamarind Sauce with Roasted Pineapple has been highly-praised.
For those in a hurry, go for the page of Chef's specials - for others, the menu makes an interesting read, making choosing difficult.
There's also a separate menu for vegetarians.
Excellent and friendly service.
- Food Style: Thai
- Lunch: Mon-Fri 12.00-14.30, Sat & Sun 12.00-22.30; set L from £12.50 (2 courses); mains about £15 to £24
- Dinner: Mon-Fri 18.30-22.30, Sat & Sun 12.00-22.30; mains about £15 to £24
- Wine: a concise, but carefully chosen, list kicks off at around the £20 mark
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes, with difficulty, please enquire
- Nearest station: Knightsbridge Underground
- Directions: See the map at the top of this page
- Closed: 25th Dec; some Bank Holidays
- Air conditioned