This excellent Thai restaurant is part of an international chain, but doesn't seem to suffer from this. There are other branches in London at 9 Beauchamp Place SW3; 181 Fulham Road SW3 and Greek Street W1 (all q.v's).
Whilst the food here, matches the standard of other branches, the close packing of tables makes private conversations impossible. Particularly avoid the squashed corridor of tables near the bar!
On the food front, expect all the Thai standards - such as Hot and Sour Tom Yum Soup, Noodle dishes plus green and red curries (perhaps made with wild boar); but ingredients seem to have a quality not always found when they might be masked by strong sauces. The use of Aberdeen Angus steak being a good example; while Crispy Duck Leg Confit, in a Tamarind Sauce with Roasted Pineapple has been highly-praised.
For those in a hurry, go for the page of Chef's specials - for others, the menu makes an interesting read, making choosing difficult.
There's also a separate menu for vegetarians.
Excellent and friendly service.
- Food Style: Thai
- Lunch: Mon-Sat, 12.00-14.30; set L £13.50 (2 courses), £16.50 (3 courses); mains about £17 to £30
- Dinner: all week, 18.30-22.30; mains about £17 to £30; Pre Theatre D £16.95 (2 courses), £19.95 (3 courses)
- Wine: a concise, but well-thought-out, list kicks off in the mid £20's
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Please enquire
- Nearest station: Oxford Circus Underground
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Closed: L Sun; 25th Dec; some Bank Holidays
- Air conditioned