It's easy to miss the discrete entrance of this excellent French restaurant just off Conduit Street . It's run by the father and son team of Raymond and Thomas Patterson - the former head chef at the Garrick Club at the stoves. The comfortable dining room, with well-space tables and crisp white napery make it an ideal business destination.
A short carte might include the likes of 'Caramelised Sweetbread Croustillons with a Cep Bolognese and Tomato Jam'; 'Smoked Haddock and Sweetcorn Brandade with Baby Squid and Cauliflower' and 'Potato and Aubergine Terrine with Goats Cheese Fondant, Beetroot and Parsley Juices' to begin.
Possibly 'Hand-dived Scallops with Belly Pork, Crushed Potatoes, Black Pudding, Apple Chutney and Spiced Carrot Confit'; 'Roast Sea Bass with a Mediterranean Cassoulet and Poached Oysters'; 'Spinach Gnocchi with Purple Artichoke and Asparagus, Cep Consommé and Quails Egg Ravioli' and 'Aberdeen Angus Cotes de Bouef, Cabbage, Bacon and Tomato Petals' among the mains.
If you have room, maybe finish with 'Chocolate Fondant with Raspberry Terrine and Chocolate Foam'; 'Millefeuille of Sorbets, Pineapple Wafers and a Ministrone of Fruit' or their excellent French cheeses.
- Food Style: Modern French
- Lunch: Mon-Fri, 12.00-15.00; mains £12
- Dinner: Mon-Fri 18.00-23.00, Sat 17.00-23.00; mains £21
- Seats: 80
- Wine: a good list, is based around France, and kicks off in the mid £20's; they offer a good choice by the glass
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: please enquire
- Nearest station: Oxford Circus Underground
- Directions: between New Bond Street and Regent Street
- Parking: Street parking, perhaps Saville Row
- Closed: L Sat, all Sun, Bank Holidays
- Air conditioned