Find this excellent restaurant just off the main drag of Kensington High Street. For those used to London's restaurant scene, to say that it's a partnership between Philip Howard of The Square and Rebecca Mascarenhas of Sonny's in Barnes, should be enough to recommend it.
Their set meals offer some of the best value in town.
Whilst the menu changes seasonally, a winter menu brought 'Lightly Curried Parsnip Velouté with Slow Poached Haddock, Capers, Raisins & Apple'; 'Raviolo of Partridge with a Persillade of Chestnut Mushrooms & Minced Livers' and 'Salad of Pot Roast Cauliflower with Char Grilled Leeks, Parmesan, Hazelnut & Truffle Pesto' amongst the starters.
'Roast Yorkshire Grouse with a Bacon & Onion Pie, Swiss Chard, Celeriac & Pear'; 'Slow-Cooked Rump of Beef with Oxtail Boulangére Potatoes, Smoked Onions & Roat Cèpes'; 'Fillet of Icelandic Cod with a Ragout of Cornish Mussels, Sourdough Croutons, Garlic & Parsley' and 'Tart Fine of Onions with Roast Cèpes, Crushed Jerusalem Artichokes, Russet Apple & Rocket' listed amongst the listed mains.
As you'd expect, desserts maintain the high standard - with the likes of 'Salt Chocolate Mousse with Hazelnut Sponge, Roast Pear & Beurre Noisette'; 'Baked Crème Fraîche Custard with Caramelised Orange, Medjool Dates & Brandy Snap' and 'Tiramisu with Salted Caramel Milk Purée & Almond Biscuits' on offer.
Service is professionally discrete, but helpful and attentive.
A place for that special occasion, without breaking the bank!
- Food Style: Modern European
- Lunch: all week 12.00-14.30 (Sun 15.00); set L Mon-Sat £17.50 (2 courses) to £25; set L Sun £33 (3 courses); mains £20 to £28
- Dinner: all week 18.00-22.30 (Sun 18.30-21.30); set D between Mon-Fri 18.00-19.00 £21.50 (2 courses) to £24.50; mains £20 to £28
- Seats: 80
- Wine: a well-chosen list travels the world, kicking off at around the £20 mark - you can bring your own bottle of wine (without a corkage fee) on Sunday evenings
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: High Street Kensington Underground
- Directions: See the map on this page