An excellent Indian restaurant with a comfortable dining room with high-backed chairs, banquette seating, relaxing lighting and Indian artefacts - make a romantic setting. There is also a comfortable downstairs bar for re-prandial drinks.
The menu offers modern Indian-style dishes and is particularly strong on fish dishes.
Perhaps begin with a traditional 'Seekh Kebab' (spiced, roasted Devon lamb) or a more unusual 'Makai Seekh' (roasted skewers of sweet corn cottage cheese, potatoes and ginger) or luxurious 'Lobster Kali Mirch' (mildly-spiced Scottish lobster (half)with black pepper).
Maybe follow with 'Nizami Kaliya' (kingfish in a spicy sauce with curry leaves); 'Murgh Bemisaal' (corn-fed chicken breast in a creamed tomato and dill sauce) or 'Nalli ka Salan' (Welsh lamb shanks in an aromatic saffron and yoghurt sauce).
Desserts are one up on most Indian restaurant offerings - try 'Raspberry or Mango Shrikland'; 'Chocolate Fondant with Home-Made Pistachio Ice Cream' or their excellent Kulfi's - again made in-house.
- Food Style: Modern Indian
- Lunch: Mon-Fri, 12.00-14.15; set L £15 (2 courses) to £18 (3 courses); mains about £18 to £30 (including rice)
- Dinner: all week, 17.45-23.15 (Sun 17.30-22.30); Pre Theatre £15 (2 courses), £18 (3 courses); mains about £18 to £30 (including rice); Tasting Menu £49
- Seats: 80
- Wine: a short, but adequate, list kicks off in the mid £20's
- Wheelchair access: Yes, including lavatory
- Nearest station: Leicester Square or Tottenham Court Road Underground
- Directions: See the map on this page.
- Closed: L Sat & Sun; some Bank Holidays
- Air conditioned