Find this buzzy, family run restaurant in northern Fitzrovia. The food is excellent of its type, and the emphasis on quality rather than quantity.
Expect to find the likes of 'Mosciame di Tonno' (sun-dried fillet of tuna served in thin slices on a bed of French beans and sun-dried tomatoes); 'Carpaccio di Manzo' (finely sliced fillets of beef, marinated in olive oil, lemon juice, fresh herbs, rocket and Parmesan shavings) and 'Spaghetti Bottariga and Culurgiones' (cheese and potato filled ravioli, with tomato and mint) among the starters.
Perhaps 'Salsiccia Sarda' (home-made aromatic sausage, charcoal-grilled, with endive and potatoes); 'Battuta d'Agnello' (marinated and grilled lamb steak); 'Veal Chop with Sinach and Sauté Potatoes' and 'Pesce Spada alla Griglia' (grilled swordfish with rucola and tomatoes) among the mains.
If you still have room, maybe finish with 'Lemon Tart with Ice Cream'; 'Pears cooked in wine and served with Mascarpone' or their selection of Sardinian cheeses.
- Food Style: Sardinian
- Lunch: Mon-Fri, 12.00-15.00; mains £12 to £18.00
- Dinner: Mon-Sat, 18.00-23.00; mains £12 to £18.00
- Seats: 55, plus 9 outside
- Wine: an Italian list, is based on the wines of Sardinia, kicks off at £14
- Wheelchair access: Yes, but not lavatory
- Nearest station: Warren Street Underground
- Directions: just off the Tottenham Court Road. See the map at the top of the page.
- Parking: Street parking
- Closed: L Sat; all Sun; 25th Dec; Bank Holidays
- Air conditioned
- Outside eating