Find this good restaurant, specialising in the food of Sardinia, close to the Regent's Canal on the edge of Primrose Hill. The stylish dining room (which includes a conservatory) opens onto a pleasant terrace, which makes an idyllic setting for summer dining. It's the sibling restaurant to Sardo (q.v.) and the food on offer might sometimes be a mirror image.
Perhaps begin with 'Zuppa di Porri e Gamberi' (home-made cream of leek soup with a prawn bisque); 'Anchovies marinated in apple vinegar with grilled courgettes) or 'Carpaccio de Manzo' (thin slices of beef, with rocket and pecorino shavings).
With the likes of 'Scaloppa de Vitello all'Ovinfort' (grilled veal escalope with a Sardinian blue cheese sauce); 'Battuta d'Agnello alla Griglia' (grilled lamb fillet marinated in olive oil and herbs) and 'Tonno alla Griglia con Olio e Limone' to follow.
If you still have room, maybe finish with 'Zuppetta di Pesche con Sorbetto di Fragola' (a purée of fresh peaches with a strawberry sorbet); 'Torta al Cioccolato e Mandorle' (warm chocolate and almond cake with white chocolate and filuferru sauce).
- Food Style: Sardinian
- Lunch: Fri 12.00-15.00; Sat & Sun 12.00-22.30; set L £23; mains about £12 to £19
- Dinner: Mon-Thurs18.00-22.30, Fri 18.00-22.30, Sat & Sun 12.00-22.30; mains about £12 to £19;set D £35
- Seats: 100, plus 25 outside
- Wine: an Italy lists, naturally hinges around Sardinia and kicks off at around the £16 mark
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes, including lavatory
- Nearest station: Camden Town or Chalk Farm Underground (both 15 mins)
- Directions: close to the Regent's Canal
- Parking: Street parking
- Closed: L Mon; some Bank Holidays
- Air conditioned
- Outside eating