A smart and fashionable Japanese restaurant, in the middle of 'art-dealer-land' - run by the Wolkow family. There's a long sushi bar on one side and a bar (the 'J' Bar) downstairs; which is an excellent and popular meeting place.
The restaurant menu is adventurous, including 'Edamame' (steamed soy beans); 'Sumosan Tartar' (tuna, avocado, quail egg, sevruga caviar - seasoned in truffle oil); 'Beef Tartar with Pear and Sesame' - plus excellent sushi and sashimi stretching from scallops and squid to sea bass and goose liver - among the temptations.
More substantial dishes might include 'Seared Salmon with Green Asparagus and Mixed Leaves'; 'Honey Mustard Organic Pork Ribs'; 'Roast Leg of Rabbit with a Girolle Sauce' and 'Glass Noodles'; with either beef or vegetables.
Perhaps finish with 'Green Tea Ice Cream' or 'Wild Berry Dorayaki with an Almond and Plum Sauce'.
Helpful, friendly staff.
- Food Style: Modern Japanese
- Lunch: Mon-Fri 12.00-14.45; set L £25; mains £8 to £65
- Dinner: all week, 18.00-23.30 (Sun 22.30); mains £8 to £65; set D £65
- Seats: 100
- Wine: a good list is based around France, and kicks off in the mid £30’s – and are firm throughout
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes, including lavatory
- Nearest station: Green Park Underground
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Closed: L Sat; most Bank Holidays
- Air conditioned