An upmarket Turkish brasserie with a buzzy atmosphere - named after a traditional Turkish cooking pot. They take greater than normal care in the sources of their produce; and use organic items when possible. The buzzy atmosphere is further enlivened by a live guitarist, during the evening.
Perhaps begin with 'Humous'; 'Enginar' (fresh artichokes, cooked with carrots, potatoes, garlic and tomatoes).
Various meze are very popular, as are grills, such as 'Kazu Shish' (grilled lamb on skewers) and 'Kanat Izgara' (marinated chicken wings); and casseroles - such as 'Tavuklu Ispanak' (chicken with spinach).
While desserts rely heavily on various ice creams, but include 'Baklava' and 'Sun-dried Apricots with Ice Cream' or 'Rice Pudding with Rosewater'.
Their are other branches in SE1, EC1 and WC1 (all q.v's).
- Food Style: Turkish
- Lunch: all week, 12.00-23.30; set L £8.25 (2 courses) to £18.50; mains £6 to £14.50
- Dinner: all week, 12.00-23.30; set D £8.25 (2 courses) to £18.50; mains £6 to £14.50
- Seats: 140, 4 seats outside
- Wine: a good value Turkish list, kicks off at £12.15
- Wheelchair access: Yes, including lavatory
- Nearest station: Southwark Underground; Waterloo East Rail
- Parking: Street parking
- Closed: 25th Dec, some Bank Holidays
- Air conditioned
- Outside eating