« back to restaurants search results
Tas, Clerkenwell37 Farringdon Road, Clerkenwell, London, London, EC1M 3JB
An upmarket Turkish brasserie with a buzzy atmosphere - named after a traditional Turkish cooking pot. They take greater than normal care in the sources of their produce; and use organic items when possible. The buzzy atmosphere is further enlivened by a live guitarist, during the evening.
Perhaps begin with 'Humous'; 'Enginar' (fresh artichokes, cooked with carrots, potatoes, garlic and tomatoes).
Various meze are very popular, as are grills, such as 'Kazu Shish' (grilled lamb on skewers) and 'Kanat Izgara' (marinated chicken wings); and casseroles - such as 'Tavuklu Ispanak' (chicken with spinach).
While desserts rely heavily on various ice creams, but include 'Baklava' and 'Sun-dried Apricots with Ice Cream' or 'Rice Pudding with Rosewater'.
- Food Style: Turkish
- Lunch: all week, 12.00-23.30; set L £8.95 (2 courses) to £18.95; mains £6 to £14.55
- Dinner: all week, 12.00-23.30; set D £8.95 (2 courses) to £18.95; mains £6 to £14.55
- Wine: a good value Turkish list, kicks off at £13.20
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes, but not lavatory
- Nearest station: Farringdon Rail & Underground
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page
- Parking: Street parking
- Closed: some Bank Holidays