Find this good Italian eaterie tucked away within walking distance of the Butler's Wharf riverside complex. The modern dining room is hung with interesting artwork - most on the theme of the restaurants name (which means 'temptation'). The quote by Oscar Wilde 'I can resist everything except temptation' - was too much for them not to give it a mention on their menu.
Various options offered (including one for vegetarians) but whichever combination you choose starters such as 'Cauliflower Soup with Hare Tortellini and Scented Oil'; 'Marinated Salmon Carpaccio with a Spider Crab Salad' and 'Pan-Fried Duck's Foie Gras with Fondant Celeriac and Porcini' - set the style.
Perhaps follow with 'Pan-Fried Lemon Sole Fillets with Red Onions and Baby Leek Stew and Pistachio Dressing'; 'Fillet of Beef and Lobster Tail with Spinach and Hollandaise' or ' Rack of Lamb with a Tomato Crust, Courgette Tart and Minted Grenadines of Lamb'.
Excellent desserts, might include 'Tropical Fruit Sorbet with Coconut Sauce'; 'Warm Pine Nut and Polenta Cake with Vanilla Ice Cream' and 'Warm Chocolate and Chestnut Pudding with a Cinnamon Sauce'; or you can finish with their good selection of Italian cheeses.
Friendly, efficient service.
- Food Style: Modern Italian
- Lunch: Tues-Fri, 12.00-14.45; set L £11.95 (2 courses) to £15; mainsabout £12.50 to £24
- Dinner: Mon-Sat, 18.45-22.45; set D £19.95 (2 courses) to £24.95; Tasting Menu £50 (7 courses); mains about £12.50 to £24
- Seats: 50
- Wine: an all Italian list kicks off ataround the £18 mark
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes, but not lavatory
- Nearest station: London Bridge Rail & Underground
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Parking: Street parking
- Closed: all Sun, L Mon & Sat, 24th Dec to 28th Dec.