The interior of thisconverted corner pub has been completely transformed with glitzy chandeliers and a plethora of objets d'art ranging from ladies handbags to stuffed animals. In the main, the kitchen produces French traditional cuisine with modern twists - plus a few luxury items woven in.
Expect the likes of 'Sautéed Prawns in Red Wine Butter and Fennel Broth'; 'Tartare of Tuna with Coconut, Grapefruit and Soy Beans' and 'Oxtail Ravioli with Crispy Sweetbreads' among the starters.
Perhaps 'Rack of Lamb with a Carrot and Beetroot Galette, Crispy Bacon and Red Berry Jus'; 'Fillet of Beef with Fondant Potatoes Madeira Jus and Ceps' and 'Lamb with a Pea and Morel Fricasée, Pommes Savoyade and Minted Jus' the mains.
If you have room, finish with 'Mixed Berry Créme Brulée'; Tarte Tatin with Cinnamon Ice Cream' or their assorted Chocolate plate - which receives rave reviews.
The friendly service matches the relaxing atmosphere.
- Food Style: Modern French
- Lunch: Thurs & Fri 12.00-14.00; set L £17.50 (2 courses), £22 (3 courses); mains about £15 to £33
- Dinner: Mon-Sat, 19.00-22.00 (Fri & Sat 22.30); set D £42.50 (2 courses) to £49.50; Tasting Menu from £66 (8 courses); mains about £15 to £33
- Seats: 60
- Wine: a French list, kicks off at around the £25 mark, and mark-ups are generally firm
- Children's portions: No children under 12 at dinner
- Wheelchair access: Yes, including lavatory
- Nearest station: Liverpool Street Rail & Underground
- Directions: off Bethnal Green Road, near Brick Lane. See the map on this page.
- Closed: L all week, all Sun; Bank Holidays; 23rd Dec to 8th Jan; 2 weeks Aug.
- Air conditioned