A highly-fashionable Japanese restaurant, with a modern dining room and open plan kitchen.
The dishes offered are mainly designed for sharing, being designed in sections - such as maki, robata grills, sashimi, sushi etc. - rather than starters, mains.
Indeed, dishes arrive when they're ready. Dishes such as 'Crispy Fried Squid with Green Chili Salt'; 'Rib-Eye Steak with Wafu Sauce and Garlic Crisps' and 'Miso-Marinated Lamb Chops with Pickled Onions and Myoga' set the style.The fact that the fish used for the sashimi is beautifully fresh, goes without saying.
Desserts aren't the highpoint, but sorbets have been praised.
Friendly and knowledgeable service will help guide the inexperienced through their meal.
- Food Style: Modern Japanese
- Lunch: all week, 12.00-14.30; mains (sharing plates) about £7 to 755
- Dinner: all week, 18.00-23.00 (Sun 22.30); set D £96 (min. of 2 people); mains (sharing plates) about £7 to 795
- Seats: 127
- Wine: a lengthy list includes an impressive range of sakes. Wine bottles start at £22, but prices rise steeply after this.
- Wheelchair access: Yes, but not lavatory
- Nearest station: Knightsbridge Underground
- Directions: See the map on this page - or telephone for precise directions, but in a slot between Old Brompton Road and Knightsbridge
- Parking: Street parking, with difficulty
- Closed: some Bank Holidays
- Air conditioned